JOB OPPORTUNITY: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
ABOUT THE ENGLISH SPEAKING CATHOLIC COUNCIL
The English Speaking Catholic Council was established in 1981 with a mandate to act as a coordinating forum for the English speaking Catholic Community of Greater Montreal and to be a knowledgeable, reasoned and articulate voice on matters affecting the vitality of the community and the common good of Canadian society. In keeping with the mission of the Church, the English Speaking Catholic Council focuses its efforts primarily in the education, health and social services, community animation, social justice and cultural domains.
THE POSITION: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The ESCC’s Executive Director provides vision and leadership to the organization. The Director is responsible to maintain and develop effective and professional relationships with the Archdiocese of Montreal, federal, provincial and municipal government representatives and with other linguistic, cultural and religious community organizations. The Executive Director is responsible for the creation and implementation of programs and projects that contribute to the animation, education and development of the community.
The salary range is $55,000 to $65,000 (negotiable) based on a four day work week.
The position will commence on Monday, January 9, 2023.
This position requires:
- A highly motivated and resourceful self starter
- A diplomatic administrator
- Familiarity with the English speaking Catholic community of Quebec
- Experience in social policy formulation, grant application writing, and community networking
- Familiarity with the dynamics of a volunteer based organization
- Commitment to the mission of the Roman Catholic Church
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication skills in English and French
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit a Letter of Intent and C.V. to the Selection Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, October 31, 2022.